Monday, February 7, 2011

Censorship: Should certain material be restricted to select groups, or banned entirely from the Internet?

I chose the subject of censorship because I feel that with the internet being accessible to an increasing amount of people, it is one of the biggest political issues in the United States at the moment. I would have to agree with censorship to a certain extent. The first reason being that there are large amounts of sensitive information that can be stolen very easily.  Maybe with a little help from the government our private information would be stolen a little less often. My second reason is that there are thousands and thousands of websites that run scams and advertise false products. I feel that if there was a better system for screening websites, it could filter out many of those. As it stands now any person with some web design knowledge can host a website from any number of services, and no one asks any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment